About Age Concern Yorkshire & Humber
Age Concern Yorkshire & Humber is a regional charity working closely with local Age UKs and Age Concerns in each of the sub regions of Yorkshire and Humber, and the national organisation Age UK.
We facilitate collaborative working among local Age UKs to improve the quality of life for older people in the region.
Our objectives are:
- To support Age UKs in Yorkshire & Humber to build their capacity to offer quality services and activities that older people want and which support their independence. We do this by
- applying for funding
- sharing good practice
- supporting partnership working
- supporting consortia arrangements
- To influence and communicate externally across the Yorkshire & Humber region to ensure a policy environment which will enable our vision to be realised. We do this by
- supporting Future Years, the forum on ageing for Yorkshire & Humber
- promoting a regional approach to measuring outcomes
- To raise the profile of Age UKs in Yorkshire & Humber and the work they do to improve the quality of life for older people.